Wednesday, May 04, 2005

In the interest of brevity ... there's a post by Martin Tiller (Thoughts of a Minister) that puts into words what I've been feeling as I've been watching and hearing the Judicial Filibuster issue discussed in the news ...

I am seriously mystified ... I get the impression that a majority of Christians in this nation are following the religious right leadership ... like sheep to the slaughter. I KNOW these are thinking, feeeling people who understand the complexities of the democratic process ...
or at least i HOPE they are.
I KNOW there are multitudes of people of faith who DISAGREE with what is being done.
I can't help but hear echoes of what happened in the beginning days of the Fundamentalist takeover of the SBC ...

http://matthew61.blogspot.com/2005/04/judges-2-attack-of-phantom-religious.html#comments

No comments: