Thursday, January 22, 2004

Again today I spent a good part of the day on the road, driving to and around Richmond visiting folks in the hospitals there and sitting with one of the women in the church while her husband had his defribilator (implanted) ... generator replaced. got back right around 6:30, in time to rush in, put the prayer list together, and run over to church to copy it and hand it out ... and then the business meeting was called to order.

It had the potential for being a little dicey, but turned out to be ok. no shouting matches, and everyone behaved. haven't seen anyone get out of hand in a meeting here ... yet. I'll admit, I was a little nervous as the time drew nearer, but ended up being more flustered that we didn't have a prayer time before the meeting than at the events of the meeting itself.

I confess, I've not always been a model pray-er, but it seems to have become a critical part of my ... makeup, since june, if not ... well ... really, since a year ago, when i first started to pursue the hispanic ministry opportunity.

Speaking of, had to tell Valentin about the car needing $2,000.00 worth of work on it (they paid +/- $760.00 for it, 'as is', it's a 92 Aerostar Minivan, and has 177k miles on it, and after the mechanic looked at it yesterday and this morning, he said it'll be lucky to make it out of the STATE, much less out of the country.

It's been a long week. I'm glad I don't have to preach Sunday ... at least not until the devotional time at the encuentro. :-)

Grace & Peace

No comments: