Tuesday, February 03, 2004

It's been a while ... sorry.

Last Saturday Leslie, the kids and I drove up to Ocoquan to watch a gymnastics meet. Hannah and her friend Lindsey are in the gymnastics program run by one of the members of our church, and she encouraged them to attend to see what it was like.

Interesting.

Watching the athletes wasn't nearly as interesting as watching the parents. But it was a fun trip. We had to leave early in order to get back at a decent hour, and to return Lindsey to her parents, but still had a good family trip all in all.

Sunday morning Leslie and I kicked off the study of the book of Romans, with a visit from Phoebe and Paul. Phoebe, of course, delivered the letter, and Paul ... gave testimony to how Jesus had affected his life.

It was really well received. Lots of positive affirmations.

We left right after church to drive down to Va. Beach to celebrate Nana's 96th birthday, had a good time there, visiting with family, and didn't get back until almost 11 that night. Monday morning our brand new neighbor across the street (he'd moved in on Sunday) pulled out into a schoolbus with 10 or so kids on it, and hit the left rear wheelwell. The bus ended up sideways across the road (the driver did an incredible job of keeping it UPRIGHT), and fortunately everyone was uninjured, but it made for an intense morning. After it was cleared away, I made my way down to Irvington to spend some time with other Pastors in the association, and had a good visit with them. It always is good to see them.

Thoughts: it's hard to get back into the swing of things, after last week. I'm heading over to the hospital for my rotation on chaplain duty, and on my way back plan to stop and see the folks in town that I normally visit, so hopefully that will kick me back into gear.

It's a dreary, wet, cold day. Makes it slightly harder to get out in it.

There's something to be said for routine. It lends structure to the day, it helps me to know "what's next" ... and it keeps me focused.

Heading out to Riverside.

My thoughts, Your thoughts. My words, Your words, O God.

Grace & Peace

No comments: