Monday, May 10, 2004

Monday ...

feeling the pain from Friday night's softball game a little more today than yesterday, and a little more than Saturday. Feeling my age and realizing I REALLY need to get in shape. Oh Well. Something for next year's resolutions. :-)

Actually had a good time. Shocked everyone, most of all myself, by hitting a double my first at-bat. Slid into First my second at-bat, but the runner that was going from first to second got tagged out there, so didn't get to follow through.

Jerusalem Baptist Church (Emmerton) has a long, illustrious history of NEVER winning a game. I don't intend to tarnish that record in the least. It's made for good, clean, fun every time they've gone out to play. Schedules have simply not allowed for the team to get together TO practice.

Mother's day was good. Had an Encuentro at White Stone yesterday afternoon. 22 there. Smaller group, but we all knew each other. There WERE two or three brand new guys there, but they were related to men from last year, so there was already a connection.

Next time, we meet at Shiloh. First African-American church in the association to host a gathering ... I'm thinking it may be the ONLY African-American congregation IN the Association. Dr. Morris is the moderator this year. Neat, neat people.

Sorry. I know I should be adding some thoughts that are perking ... and I will, but I just don't have the energy right now.

No comments: