Saturday, May 15, 2004

On A MUCH Lighter Note ...

We lost our game last night against Henderson/Carmel UMC, something like 15 to 20. It was actually close there for a while. Then I ran from first base to the dugout to get my glove, thinking we'd had our third out, only to realize that we HADN'T ... but I got to fill that position on my race back TO first base ... :-/

Somewhere along in there I either pulled or strained my ... hamstring? (not sure, whatever it is that is on the back of my thigh ...) it HURTS ... but that's what I get for not warming up and stretching more before the game started ...

Still and all, it was a fun game ... I need to pick up some cleats. The game started shortly before 9:30 PM (scheduled to begin at 9, but the game before ours ran a little long). Our game lasted an hour and 8 minutes. By that time there's a good bit of dew on the grass. That can only get worse as the summer goes on.

Interesting to feel sore like this ... I really REALLY need to get in shape ...

I DID score two runs, and got hits each time I was up to bat.

Two low flies came out to right field, and I was too far back, and the sneakers I wore just weren't cutting it.

I think the guys on the team who don't know me too well are not sure how to treat me ... they realize I'm the Pastor, but they don't yet rag me like they do each other. Let's see what I can do to help them get over that. :-)

No comments: