Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Broadband

When we moved in, the parsonage had that old TV antenna sticking up there, even though it'd been a while since TVs were connected to it -- cable had been installed some time before. It's hard to tell from the picture, and I was still surprised by the size of the thing once it was down on the ground, but the guys that came and installed the wireless broadband antenna (below) took the old antenna down and replaced it with a fairly discreet one.


We had enjoyed cable access when we lived in Virginia Beach, before moving here, and it was at times more of an adjustment than I thought it would have been to go back to dial up access. In all honesty, we could probably have still made do with the dial up, but with Leslie taking an online class this semester at BTSR, we decided that if we both needed to be online at the same time, it would be worth the expense to get the broadband installed and connected. I'd purchased a wireless router after Christmas in the HOPE that we would sooner rather than later be getting a broadband connection ... we were actually hoping for cable access through our cable TV company, but being rural, and sparsely populated, we're not a priority area in which they are deploying that technology. :-(
So here we are, connected and THOROUGHLY enjoying it.

1 comment:

Hugo said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading about broadband antenna. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.