Friday, September 29, 2006

Baptism

It was an incredibly sweet experience. Altogether, there were probably about 15 people here for the baptism. We sang 'At The Cross' after in invocation, then I spoke about what baptism means to baptists. I usually don't focus on differences, but on similarities we have with other denominations, but in this case it was, I think, appropriate to take the opportunity to explain our beliefs... we were both, I think, a little nervous. Alejandra for obvious reasons, me, because it was actually the first time I'd performed a baptism in spanish. We got through it. When Lexa came up out of the water, she just stood there with her hands covering her face and seemed to just ... soak in the moment. I don't think she was crying, but she was ... overcome. I just hugged her, and then spoke the benediction and commissioning over her -- which the picture caught.

grace & peace

No comments: