Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Back To Contacts


Had my eyes checked last week, and found that the glasses i've been wearing for about 8 years no longer fit the bill for what i need.
The exam was on Thursday, and I got the call from the Vision Center at Wal-Mart that the contacts were in on Monday. Pretty quick turnaround! Drove by to pick them up, and brought them home, soaked them overnight, and popped 'em in yesterday morning. Aside from initially feeling like I had put two SAUCERS in my eyes, I got over the initial discomfort and the rest of the day went well. Today is day 2. For what I have, nearsightedness plus astigmatism, (are those two the same thing??), Rigid Gas Permeable lenses do better at correcting the problem than soft lenses, which is fine, since that is what I've been wearing since I first got contacts in ... 19... 77? 78? (eek ... that's almost 30 years ago!)
oh well.
New glasses soon to follow. :-) yeah, they are different too. (stylewise)
grace & peace

No comments: